I know I have said this before, but I really had no idea how much work it is to plan a wedding. I am having a hard time really knowing exactly what I need to think of and what I should be doing now and what can wait till later. How to make it really our own but not kitchy and strange. If Kevin had his way we would be bathed in camo and the entire wedding would be full of long beards and antlers... If I had my way it would soft and simply, yet elegant and memorable... so I guess we come up with a happy medium... Or mostly soft and simple with a little hint of country camo...
I am mostly focusing on the major things right now. Food, Music, Bartending... I think these are the most important because I already have the venue and the date picked. I also need to decide on colors. I think I would like grey and orange, but I want the men to wear black which is making me feel as though my ladies should too... So maybe the colors will be black and orange. I think that the grey on the men and the women will make it more soft, and if we used more of a burnt orange it will look nice. If we use black and orange it might be more like Halloween and I don't want that!! Oh how I wish I could be more decisive... Or that Kevin would make the final decision... But I know he won't and I know I need to... So I will... But not yet!
I still haven't picked a dress... I feel overwhelmed there too... Like I thought I knew what I wanted but it wasn't what I thought... And now I don't know what I am going to do. I am going to book some more appointments and try a few new places and dresses that I haven't tried yet... So we will see...
I hope you all have a fantastic New Years and that maybe by the next time I am back I will have colors chosen for you all to mull over!! Until then, leave me a message with what you think... I'd love to have your feed back on the colors you used and why and what you think would be good for us!!
Have you tried The Bridal Gallery in New Westminster? They are so great there! I went in having an idea in my mind, and turns out it didn't look good on me. Then they suggested something I wouldn't have gone for normally and it ended up looking gorgeous! :)
ReplyDeleteFor colours, I like the grey and burnt orange. I think black and orange could be doable, but I'd be scared of the Halloween effect too. Though you could always have those as your primary colours and have an accent colour to help break it up (green, eggplant or burgundy maybe?) I saw a wedding once where the bridal party was wearing dresses in various shades of fall foliage (so like a golden yellow, orange, red). It was so gorgeous!